Your gift to ACFB delivers a healthy return. With each $1 donated, we can provide $9.21 in groceries.
Thanksgiving is a time of reflection and thinking about all the things we are thankful for in our lives. At the Atlanta Community Food Bank, we are truly thankful for YOU and the support you give us year-round. Without you, our work would not be possible. And this day would be far less bright for the many hardworking parents, growing children, and homebound seniors we serve.
Last year, we asked a few staff to tell us what they were thankful for. Some even took their declarations and put them up in their workspace year round. The idea resonated--when we started to work on this year's, we had a lot of our co-workers who wanted to participate. Below are their answers, and see all of their photos on our Facebook page.
- Doris: "I'm thankful for every new day, good health, family & friends."
- Ron: "I am thankful for our partner agencies & our community!"
- Jacqueline: "Thankful for...Everyday." (If you volunteer in the PRC, you'll be seeing a lot of Jacqueline--she's our new volunteer group lead!)
- Darius: "I am thankful for my family."
- Larry: "I'm thankful for the Food Bank providing me a job to provide for my family and having a chance to get back others."
- Rafael: "I'm thankful for my family/health and new friends."
- Algernon: "I am thankful for the opportunity to be helping to fight hunger and in the process reaching and meeting people outside of who I work with."
- Eathan: "I am thankful [for] my faith, family, friends, and opportunity to serve the Atlanta community!"
- Mike: "I'm thankful for life."
- David: "I am thankful for my wife; Friday morning breakfast group; my garden; awesome friends and family."
- Lindy: "I am deeply thankful for love."
- Angela: "I'm thankful for a job that I love--surrounded by really great people!"
- Naretha: "I'm thankful for: my family."
- Sharon: "I am thankful for my family, health and strength for being able to serve our community."
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!